Looking to have your gear tested? Contact me at jmiller8679@gmail.com

Monday, December 1, 2014

Black Diamond - Storm Headlamp

Black Diamond - Storm Headlamp

Price: $49
Pros: Great buy for the price, waterproof, versatile.
Cons: Time consuming switching out batteries.
Worth the buy?: Yup!

I love gear that is versatile and has many uses. Considering the price and the fact that this headlamp is waterproof, its a no brainer, I have dropped it more than enough puddles and it always comes out working just the way it should. I have used this headlamp for about a year, for everything from multi-day trips to going running at night, and cleaning out gunk from my dog's ears. Having a piece of gear that is waterproof is a huge relief and one less thing thing to worry about if a quick storm comes in. It has two length adjustments on either size of the lamp itself and brightness can be adjusted as needed. Lastly, is the size, it is a very small for the lumens it puts out (up to 160). I can leave it hanging around my neck or throw it in a small chest pocket, it does not take up much room and is not excessively heavy. For the price and features, it is more than worth the buy whether for an overnight adventure or a late night stroll with the dog.


Thinking about picking one up? Check it out here!

No comments:

Post a Comment