Looking to have your gear tested? Contact me at jmiller8679@gmail.com

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Voormi - Drift Jacket

Voormi - Drift Jacket

Price: $249
Pros: Breathable, warm, style, durability.
Cons: Not waterproof, heavy.
Worth the buy?: Yes

The Voormi Drift Jacket is another piece that I have been looking forward to for a while. The first thing you notice about the jacket is the weight, it is heavier than I expected. It is a solid mid-layer that can absolutely be worn as a jacket on its own. I recently took it on a short backpacking trip where the temperature dropped to around freezing. Wearing just a simple cotton t-shirt and the jacket I was fairly comfortable as long as I was moving around. I can imagine throwing on a simple tec-shirt, base layer, and shell on top it would be a combo to wear out in the depth of winter. The next big aspect of the jacket that I love is that it is very breathable. So while making the trip up the mountain to the campsite it keeps you warm and even when preparing the fire you are good to go. Lastly, is the durability, the jacket can take a beating. Running around to gather up firewood or brushing by dead tree limbs, I came back from my night in the woods with the jacket in the same condition as when I revived it in the mail. Do not underestimate the value of a jacket that is both breathable and warm, while this jacket carries a higher price tag than competitors it is well worth the buy. 

Check out the jacket here!

No comments:

Post a Comment