Looking to have your gear tested? Contact me at jmiller8679@gmail.com

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Voormi - Men's Thermal II Baselayer Review

Voormi - Men's Thermal II Baselayer

Cost: $129
Pros: Comfortable, stretch, warm, looks great by itself.
Cons: One color option, price.
Worth the buy?: If you are in the market for a great baselayer (one you will actually use as a baselayer) that is made in America by people who love the mountains, this is a great buy.

My thoughts...
  I've been very excited to try out the merino wool baselayer from Voormi and put it to the test. It's soft, stretches well and has an "athletic" fit. The athletic fit is snug enough where it stays close to your body but not so extreme you feel like your wearing a wetsuit. Warm enough to wear by itself on a cool spring morning and a great start to a complex layering system in the middle of winter. That being said, because its made of merino wool, you will not "overheat" as if you were wearing fleece or heavy cotton. When I am not outdoors I wear it mostly when I coach Crossfit because it looks good (always a plus) and doesn't restrict movement. If you have the money and are going to use it for it's intended purpose, a baselayer, then I certainly recommend the Voormi - Men's Thermal II Baselayer.

Grab the baselayer and more here at voormi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment