Looking to have your gear tested? Contact me at jmiller8679@gmail.com

Sunday, October 12, 2014

Outdoor Research - Men's Foray Jacket

Outdoor Research - Men's Foray Jacket

Cost: $215
Pros: Lightweight, waterproof, packs into own pocket, fully adjustable hood, armpit zippers, four season.
Cons: N/A
Worth the buy?: Absolutely! Everyone should own a waterproof shell. This is one of, if not the best fully waterproof shell (for the money) regardless if you use it in the mountains or on your way to work.

My thoughts...
   I have used this waterproof shell for over a year, it comes in handy all the time my only regret is that I didn't get one sooner. I have used it on multi day trips in the mountains as well as during cold, slushy, New England winters while shoveling snow for hours. It has always done the one thing I bought it for, keeping me dry. One of my favorite features is the fully adjustable hood. All I need to do is tighten up the three pull strings and I'm good to go, without having to worry about my vision being restricted. The other great features include the ability to fold the whole jacket up into one of the hand pockets as well as the two way zippers that run from the torso to arm pits for ventilation.

*Side note regarding Outdoor Research: They want you to use their products, don't be afraid to get them dirty and take them out into the elements. If something happens to your OR gear when you are using it they have a lifetime (what they call "infinite") warranty and amazing customer service.

Grab the OR Foray Jacket here!


No comments:

Post a Comment